Nvidia control panel not showing
Nvidia control panel is software that allows users to adjust the driver settings. It becomes mandatory for the user to access this control panel through which they can change the settings of the graphics driver.
Unfortunately, there are instances where the Nvidia control panel gets missing from Windows 10. I have come across so many users who are experiencing the same issue with their Nvidia.
The issue mostly occurs when default graphics driver starts managing the issue of your system display setting or if the Nvidia driver is outdated/corrupted.
If you also can’t find the Nvidia control panel on your desktop, then you have come to the right place.
What causes the issue?
Here are few causes which will help you to easily identify the reason behind the issue.
- Corrupted Nvidia panel.
- Graphics card drivers are out of date.
- Updated Windows may not be compatible with graphics card drivers.
- General bugs of Windows may cause your Nvidia control panel.
How to restore the control panel?
There are several methods to restore your Nvidia control panel that is missing on your Windows computer. Try all the solutions one by one and check which one works for you. If easier fixes don’t work then go for the advanced techniques.
Manually open Nvidia control panel
In this method, you can simply force the Nvidia control panel to open manually on your desktop. Try to use this fix until you find a permanent solution for the issue.
In your taskbar, right-click on the blank space.
- Select Task Manager.
- In compact mode, click on Mode details to view your details.
- In the Processes tab, scroll down and look for the Nvidia container.
- If you have many versions of this process, right-click on any version of the Nvidia Container process.
- In the context menu, select Open file location.
- Next click on the Up arrow which is located at the top left side next to the address bar of File Explorer.
- Now go to C:\Program Files\NVIDIA Corporation.
- Then open Control Panel Client.
- You will find the exe file; right-click on it.
- Select Run as administrator.
- If it will ask for a password then enter the password of your account.
After applying these above-given steps, check that your control panel is showing or not.
Enable NVIDIA control panel
There is a possibility that the control panel might be hidden on your desktop after updating Nvidia graphics card software.
Software updates change the settings automatically but it happens very rarely. Let’s see how to get back the hidden Nvidia control panel:
- First to open the Run box, press the Win+R.
- Then type control and hit Enter.
- Control Panel opens on your screen, select Large icons under View by.
- Click on NVIDIA Control Panel.
- Click on Desktop or View.
- Choose Add Desktop Context Menu under Desktop or View.
Check whether the missing Nvidia panel is restored or not. If you haven’t got back the panel in your desktop, then move on to the other solution.
Reinstall graphics card driver
The corrupted driver is also responsible for not showing the Nvidia panel. You have to reinstall the driver to get back your panel.
Follow the below steps to reinstall the new driver.
- Press the Win+X and click on Device Manager.
- Right-click on Device Manager under Display adapter.
- Select Uninstall device.
- Now, your driver will get removed from Windows.
- Then open Nvidia download driver web page to download a new driver and choose the appropriate product, product series, and product type options.
- Once it gets downloaded, install the new driver on your system.
- Restart your computer and check if the Nvidia control panel is showing or not.
Restart the services of Nvidia
There are lots of services running in your system. So let’s try to restart Nvidia services. On restarting, Nvidia panel may reappear.
- Open the Run box by pressing Win+R.
- In the Run box, type msc and hit Enter.
- Select Nvidia Display Container LS from the Services window.
- Now repeat steps for these services: NVIDIA NetworkService Container, NVIDIA Telemetry Container, and NVIDIA LocalSystem Container.
When you finish restarting all these above-mentioned Nvidia services then check whether the panel is showing or not.
Fix missing Nvidia control panel by Nvidia support
If all the above-given solutions don’t work for you then try this method that is provided by Nvidia support.
- Go to My Computer.
- Follow the given path: C:\Program Files (x86)\NVIDIA Corporation\Display.NvContainer.
- If you can’t see the folder named NvContainer then you must follow this path: C:\Program Files\NVIDIA Corporation\Display.NvContainer.
- Click on the NvContainer folder.
- Right-click on the NvContainer file.
- Click on Copy.
- Now press on the Win+R to open the Run box.
- Then type shell: startup and hit Enter.
- Right-click and Paste NvContainer file in the Startup folder.
- Right-click on the file NvContainer.
- Click on Properties.
- Click on Compatibility mode.
- Select Run this program as administrator check box.
- At last restart.
Now check for the Nvidia control panel on your desktop.